A blog about cycling...especially the long distance stuff

Monday 27 February 2012

There goes the training....

Well the last week has been a bit of a disaster in terms or preparation progress. It started actually on the last few miles of last Sundays ride in Cambrideshire with a bit of tendon pain above and behind my ankle. I tried riding again the next day, just into work but it was pretty painful and I had no power.

So took 3 forced days off, and iced it up regularly for as long as I could handle it. Later in the week I got shifted to help on another project at work and this has turned into a monster of a job. I work all the weekend including some post midnight efforts, and that's just totally killed any chance of riding.

So after a cracking week last time I wrote, last week I only managed a paltry 56kms which was just a few commute rides. On the plus side, the ankle feels loads better and I'm hoping work schlep was a blessing in disguise....

Mindless optimism? Put very well by Melchett: 'If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through...'

Here's hoping things improve this coming weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment