A blog about cycling...especially the long distance stuff

Monday 13 February 2012

About the Dom Pardy Trust


I've known Dom for a few years now, he's always been a highly charismatic and energetic individual...with a huge circle of friends and a zest for life. We were all horrified a few years ago when Dom suffered a stroke..I 'd thought that happened only to old people? I was wrong...

In Dom's words:

"I thought I'd made a success of my life, girl I loved,great friends, exciting sidelines, job I loved, financial independence, my own flat, gym three times a week, I thought I'd achieved happiness until I nearly died after having a massive stroke without warning on xmas day 2005. I can't lie, this has fecked my life. After 2 years of hell in hospital I'm living semi-independently."

The Dominic Pardy Trust has been set up to help support Dom through his recovery. I want to help this very specific cause. If you'd like to help, you can send a donation via Paypal to:

dompardeytrust@gmail.com

Please include a comment mentioning this charity cycle. And thank you very much!

1 comment:

  1. I can't say thankyou enough for doing this. The trust makes a huge difference to my life and needs people like Daegal to keep it ticking over. I am in awe of people who do big physical challenges like this because I can't even stand. The trust helps me pay for therapy which I otherwise couldn't afford. Daegal is a bally hero for doing this so lets support him

    ReplyDelete